Thursday, May 8, 2008

Adam's Rib

She was created from the rib of my side, the closest one to my heart
Made bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh; ‘til death do we part
She was not fashioned from part of my head, or from my feet
So she was not intended to rule over me, or to be trampled beneath
Taken from under the protection of my arm, and placed beside me
She is different in so many ways, yet she was made equally

As I look upon her, what I sometimes wonder is this
Do I feel the way I do about her because of her lips, hips, and fingertips
No, It’s because of her warmth, tenderness, and her sensitivity
It is also because I am made whole again when I hold her closely
Because she was that missing piece in my life; the other part of me

The Bible says that in the same way that God loves me
I am to give her that same unconditional love in return
Whenever I notice a difference in the way that God is blessing me
I can see that it is a direct reflection of the way that I am treating her

I’ve learned that a real man can be a lion, or a lamb, when he has to be
I must love and protect her with an unselfish heart, while fearing God only
I didn't say I would put her up on a pedestal though, please read carefully...
I know that God is a God of love, but he’s also a God of wrath, and jealousy

I will admire her for her strength, and adore her for her beauty
I will listen to her when she speaks, and learn from her wisdom
I will give her the respect she deserves, and treat her like the queen that she is
Who knows, just when I would least expect it
God could give me the breakthrough I need, through his kingdom



John L. Donelson
Prodigal Son Productions
Copyright © 1998


Look for the entire book, "Those Trying Times" online at www.RevelationsChristianMedia.com

No comments: